7 Intelligent Automation (IA) Trends and Predictions by SS&C blueprism for the year 2023
The digital transformation success of a company can largely depend on Intelligent Automation (IA). The benefits of IA go far beyond the cost and time savings that result from automating repetitive operations. It offers wonderful client experiences and allows staff flexibility.
As an industry pioneer in RPA and IA, SS&C Blue Prism is ideally situated to provide insights on IA. The organization polled thought leaders throughout SS&C Blue Prism to find out where they anticipate automation going in 2023. They also collected data from customers and analysts. The company came up with seven predictions for IA to assist businesses in concentrating their automation efforts to achieve transformative value.
The predictions are as follows –
Customer and Employee Experience
Intelligent Automation (IA) can help companies prepare for a global economic downturn by automating and connecting tasks, processes, and operations to eliminate functional silos and better align work to outcomes. IA can also improve employee experience and productivity and personalize the customer experience with automations that use AI to predict customer needs and offer relevant recommendations. Ultimately, this will lead to a better customer experience.
What can companies do to improve their customer and employee experience?
- Determine service providers who can upgrade the experience for customers and employees.
- Consider more than just money-saving options and contemplate tackling issues that customers and employees face.
- Search for technology that offers positive results.
Scaling to Meet Requirements
IA at scale provides orchestration of work and governance so that you can react quickly to changing needs, and There are several ways you can approach scaling. IA in the cloud provides the benefits of RPA at scale — and includes secure infrastructure and management services.
Scaling automations will allow Centres of Excellence (COEs) major teams to scale and govern automation. This approach gives companies flexibility while ensuring quality through top-down governance. At the same time, strategic COE functions such as security, automation architecture, and enterprise governance will remain centralized.
How can companies leverage scalability for success?
Discover what is preventing a business from growing. According to Deloitte, the main hindrances are fragmented processes, lack of defined objectives, insufficient IT infrastructure, and resistance to transformation.
Thanks to a federated citizen development paradigm, employees can automate processes as part of a corporate automation plan. Business users’ process knowledge and low-code development training come together in citizen development. Ensuring citizen development doesn’t create more issues than fixes is crucial. Six percent of businesses have already started using it.
Deploying Citizen Development for your Organization
In your staff, look for prospective citizen developers. These will be tech-savvy individuals who are interested in automation. They recognize the importance of governance and security at the same time.
Bridging the gap between required and available skills
According to statistics from Forrester for 2022, one-third of business decision-makers working on automation initiatives say that a lack of technical know-how and expertise is their primary obstacle. Empowering business personnel to automate while freeing up trained IT personnel to concentrate on complex tasks is one-way citizen development helps address this challenge. Using automation to speed up decision-making and cut down development time to hours, machine learning assists IT as well.
The following steps for bridging the skills gap
- Assess the talents in your whole organization and think about where to focus your upskilling efforts.
- Invest in a platform that uses RPA/IA with no code or minimal code to decrease construction time and technical knowledge.
- Think about how partners, the cloud, or managed services may help your IT personnel work less hard.
IA offers digital workers to complement and assist humans around the clock. People can concentrate on jobs requiring creative thinking or interpersonal interactions, while digital workers handle mundane chores. Workforce integration improves company results while also helping individuals. End-to-end automated business processes require a strategic shift in mentality from tactical automation.
How can companies employing IA promotes a more balanced Workforce?
- To offer end-to-end automation, consider establishing IA platforms that combine several technologies, such as RPA, BPM, and Machine Learning.
- Pay attention to how technology may free up staff to undertake regular activities while humans can concentrate on jobs that involve interacting with customers.
Adding Value while Combating uncertainties
Businesses are turning to automation to combat the economic impact on labor and material prices. The temptation, though, is to only automate tasks with a clear return on investment in cost reductions when money is scarce. To introduce new, advanced operational use cases that use AI, IT teams must collaborate closely with line-of-business executives.
How can companies add value while dealing with uncertainties?
- Take a look at how you handle customer service and your profession. Avoid just automating that. Identify how you can add value to that.
- Find areas where your current digital workforce can use improvement.
- Make data-driven decisions and constantly improve automated processes by using process intelligence technologies.
The immense potential of Artificial Intelligence
Based on historical trends, AI forecasts future demand and allocates tasks accordingly. When to assign jobs and whether a human or a digital worker would complete them more effectively are both determined by this. Working with a digital employee may be as beneficial as working with any other co-worker.
Leverage AI to enhance the impact of automation
- Think about how end-to-end IA may advance your company using AI technology.
- Look for systems that have AI or Machine Learning built in.
- Make sure decisions made with AI are transparent and auditable.
You can download the full report here.